Welcome to Enclave at St. Matthews Website!!!


A vacant lot, and previously the site of a lumbar yard and planing mill, located on South 19th between Mary Street and Harcums Way on February 11, 1903.  The Church Rectory received a building permit on May 18, 1905 and a permit for the Church itself on June 23, 1905.  The new St. Matthew's church building was completed on September 23, 1906. 

St. Matthew's parish built a school at 1817 Harcum Way, behind the rectory, in 1918.  The parish then bought a lot on Mary Street that adjoined its church and school property in 1924. In 1926, the parish built a convent on the property, at 1817 Mary Steet. 

In 1950s and 1960s, St. Matthew parish remodeled the church building, and possibly other buldings withhin the complex.   The parish began to decline in membership during the second quarter of the 20th century.

in 1892, St. Matthew's parish was suppressed and merged with the new Prince of Peace parish. The Pittsburgh Catholic Diocese ten sold the parish to private owners.

The Enclave at St Matthew's was completed in 2007. This was an adaptation of the former St. Matthew's Rectory, Convent, and School.

There are a total of nine (9) condominium units spread within three (3) buildings: Rectory, Convent, and School.

This site is for registered and approved Residents/Unit Owners of The Enclave at St Matthew's.